Sunday, February 1, 2009

got a machine head.

Being a weekend warrior is not all that bad.  Admitting that I'm somewhat a part of that clan is like nails on a chalkboard;  mostly for the fact that it reminds me of how horribly I spoke of "those people" while I was still in school.  I avoided certain bars like a plague because I assumed they'd be out on the prowl and ruin my evening of fun.  Well guess what?   I fall into that category right now & I am not down to destroy anyone's evening-only make it better.
Friday, we went to the Prospector.  We sang karaoke and then I ditched everyone to meet up with some other friends at the Pike.  Ran into more people than expected and had more fun than expected.








amazing?




I've noticed that in general my emails, texts and blog posts, have all started in industry shorthand and it's weird.  I have to stop myself, because no one else in their right mind communicates like that.  I've acclimated to this new life pretty well, (aside from one bump last week : )  After an incredibly full weekend, Sara and I joined a modest group of 15+ to not really watch the Superbowl.

The above picture is of the few people who were actually interested enough to watch.  The rest of us sat outside on blankets and drank, smoked &  talked about things we considered slightly more important in life.  I'll watch the "best" Superbowl commercials on Youtube at work tomorrow.  I'm actually really excited to wake up at 5:45 tomorrow--or at least hit snooze until then.  The honeymoon is still going strong.

4 comments:

Dorty said...

just wait, the honeymoon will end... mu ha ha ha

jessica said...

shut it! i am not interested in your debbie downer perspective.

Dorty said...

fine, does that mean i should seize and desist from all blog comments? :-P

jessica said...

haha, no that isn't necessary. i rather enjoy having something to comment back on...even if it is reminding you that my glass is half FULL. : )

p.s. you better be there on sat.