Tuesday, August 18, 2009

temple house



Went straight to the Temple house after work last night. That house holds such warmth. People hiding in rooms, sipping wine while looking at old photos; friends joining conversations by leaning in open windows; music constantly playing in the background; the welcome patio of big chairs and Christmas lights. When the girls move out at the end of this month, in search of their own spaces, it will certainly be the end of an era.
A lot is getting ready to change & I'm not quite sure how I feel about it all.
3 cars full of great people drove out to Detroit Bar last night to support Luke & catch a little Dawes. I was definitely asleep in the car by 1230. Thanks to Martin for being a good dj on the drive home. In my sleepy haze, I managed to make note of a couple of bands I'd forgotten about until then & am excited to revisit them at work today.

No comments: