Tuesday, April 22, 2008

some days are better spent in bed

...and today was one of them. 
 
I pride myself on keeping my glass half full the majority of the time, but every once in a while there are those days where even my positive disposition runs dry.  
Today was definitely one of them.  I am in no mood to be charitable, no mood to answer my phone or hold silly conversations with acquaintances out of obligation.  To make up for the mistake of ever stepping out of my house today, I will sit on my couch with my bottle of wine and be completely useless for the remainder of my evening.

I still haven't uploaded pictures from Betsy's going away party.  Maybe I'll try and fit that in at some point this evening.  The semester is over in 4 weeks and as exciting as that is it also means an unbearable amount of work until then.
(An unbearable amount of work that will wait until tomorrow.)

Last night I started the Enron documentary, "The Smartest Guys In the Room."  It's absolutely ridiculous what these men managed to get away with.  Ridiculous and so frustrating for all of the employees and shareholders who put so much trust in this facade of a company.
Between that and finishing "The Kite Runner" in my 8am waste of a morning class, I can see how my sour mood has been nothing but encouraged.

Even though I shouldn't bc I've already blown all of my disposable income for the time being, I think I may try & go to Medieval Times with Ryan & some others on Thursday.  I need some excitement & since the possibility of Coachella is not looking good I will need some alternative fun.
blehhhhhhhh.


moving on,
here's today's 'i want this:'


(similar to the anya hindmarch's 'i am not a plastic bag' that everyone has been carrying around lately this is a playful, green alternative to the typical paper coffee cup & i need it)
 

No comments: