Friday, May 9, 2008

fly on the wall

While getting ready to go for my mandatory run, the breeze outside my bathroom window picked up on a neighbor's frustrated voice.
it's not that i am into eavesdropping, but instead that i welcome any excuse to distract me from beginning my workout.

Amidst the powerful muse anthem, "YOU AND I MUST FIGHT FOR OUR RIIIIIGHTS, YOU AND I MUST FIGHT TO SURVIIIIIIIIVE..."
I hear the familiar voice of a 20 something male neighbor who resides in the building next door.
I've heard his conversations numbers of times before.
Most often it is not just his voice but the voice of a female as well, "baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabe, how much pasta do you want?"
"baaaaaaaaabe" "baaaaaaaabe."
today his was joined by the muffled grunts of another male.
"It's just, it's just fuckin' bullshit.  It's bullshit.  I've never loved someone before.  It's always been easy.  It's not easy when you fucking love that person."
(then the ego boost) "I could get other girls, lots of girls like me--i'm sooo sick of that 'other chicks in the sea' bullshit..."
He rambles on and on while his friend mostly listens.
"maybe you should just try to move on" his friend finally suggests
"NO. NO. Fuck that.  I can't just MOVE ON.  Either shelby and i have to work it out-and we should! --or, or, i just have to wait til i'm over shelby and can get close to some other dumb bitch i won't care about"
in addition to the music it sounds like he's making lunch-a microwave dinner.
clearly this dude's a mess.
the microwave door is slammed shut and you hear some cups rattle. 
ohh shelby, whoever you are, you've cast a spell on this bro and he's hurting bad.


2 comments:

Betsy said...

girls named shelby always have the most captivating vaginas. god damn shelby.

jessica said...

bitch needs to teach me her ways