Tuesday, November 4, 2008

11-4-08!!!

Today is such an awesome day!  I hope all of you made it out to the polls to cast your vote.  Standing in the booth I felt like a child selecting my Christmas wish-list.  For the entire drive home I listened to NPR, awaiting the results from east coast states whose polling locations had began to close.  That feeling hasn't left, the one telling you to stay up at night to see what Santa leaves for us perfect little children : )  I am overflowing with hope & anticipation for Christmas morning. 

Last night after a long evening of hopping all over the place, I offered to move a friend's car who was too drunk to move it himself.  He kindly accompanied me in the adventure since it was pouring and it being LB  means parking is generally impossible.  After finally finding a spot blocks away we somehow got turned around and ended up blocks off.  We ran and ran through the rain, soaked from head to toe & shivering.  My eye make up was running down my face and open toed wedges destroyed, but I cannot remember the last time I've had that much fun.  Jumping and splashing and laughing, yes, I was 7 again & I wouldn't have had it any other way.
The next time it rains do yourself a favor and go play in it, even if it is 4 in the morning.


EDIT**
Wooooooo. Christmas morning has come & it is a glorious one.  At 8:28pm before all of the states' electoral votes have even been counted, Barack Obama has been declared our future President with 333 electoral votes.  I've heard fireworks set off and people on my street yelling "Obama!!"
I could not be more excited or optimistic for what is yet to come.

No comments: