Sunday, November 2, 2008

just try and stay with me


"Your life is an occasion, rise to it."
So maybe it is Sunday evening, and maybe I am watching Mr. Mggorium's Wonder Emporium while simultaneously catching up on fashion blogs I've neglected over the weekend. And maybe I'm doing all of this in an effort to keep that smile I've had on my face all weekend while a new week is approaching and yet so much is left up in the air. Sometimes it's quite difficult to remain positive and happy because you feel you should, but I'm going to be honest and tell you all that I'm so excited and inspired by these beautiful jackets and shoes that I'm somehow forcing myself into a fantastic, distracted place.
For example, I just wish I could walk around in that amazing Margiela sweater all F/W long until everything had fallen into place perfectly.  Those who weren't amused or at least understanding could suck it.
Anyway, as my subject states, try and follow, this may seem all over the place, but bare with me.

First of all, I want my hair to look like this:
Second of all, I need a couple of amazing jackets for this F/W.  Last year I had some pretty solid staples, but I'm definitely ready to add to that.  This Alexander McQueen red officer's coat would work perfectly in my collection:

http://www.style.com/vogue/mostwanted/092508/

Then there is this Elizabeth & James Charcoal or Graphite, whichever you prefer, boyfriend blazer with three-quarter length sleeves that I could definitely use.
I would also love a cape-y jacket type deal.  This Marni one below is awesome.



Another thing I'm looking for this season is an awesome bolero, not this one specifically, I'd hope to find one in black, but I'm going to have to put my thrifting skills to use & hope I can find the jacket I imagine, preferably with a little less of the ruffles, after all, Halloween's passed and I'm not interested in taming a bull.

The last jacket that I believe would be so fun to have this F/W is a faux fur coat of sorts.  Don't worry, I will go with none before I will settle for a gross looking one, but I think I'd really like something like that, cropped maybe?  I'm not sure...I guess we'll have to wait & see!

Um and shoes.  There are easily 40 pairs of shoes on my "must have" list right now & these just made it on there.  Peep toed Chanel boots. (sigh,) ONE DAY!  I have all the rest of "must haves" saved in an inspiration folder but I will spare those of you who couldn't care less to begin with.

In addition, a friend sent me this link today & betsy, I think out of everyone that may happen to browse this blog, you will probably enjoy it the most:

cakewrecks.blogspot.com

I'm sure he had no idea I was bummed about anything either but it made me smile so thanks!

And there you have it, my random, sort of all over the place blog posting, enjoy it, or don't, whatevs. : )





No comments: