Thursday, December 18, 2008

adventures

The last couple days I've been working as a wardrobe assistant for a Gatorade Commercial.  The days are incredibly long, the driving around, looking for last minute alternatives, endless.  So many new faces and names to remember, trying to forge confidence & avoid my natural tendency toward shyness.  It's the excitement and adventure of it all that makes it worth wild.  In addition to that, the crew was awesome and being on set around the agency creatives as well as the client was awesome.  The two below are from the Sony Costume Rental Warehouse.  This place was my favorite stop in all of the driving around I did.  It's an airplane hanger filled three rows high, with clothes from every genre you could imagine.  It was absolutely amazing.  I got to wander the isles by myself, pulling any clothes I thought might work for the shoot.  I guess I'd never really considered styling or doing wardrobes before, but it was so much fun, who knows?  (thanks mel, for the reccomendation!) 


Last night after a 12+ hour day I decided I really needed to get my Christmas sweets going, so I started the rocky-road fudge.  
Hopefully today I will get to the buck-eyes, chocolate chip/walnut and peppermint/chocolate chip cookies. ..after work & picking up erica & whatever else is planned for today that i've forgotten.  

seriously, i love the holidays.

6 comments:

Dorty said...

Careful you may be getting a message asking for your assistance on a music video taking place in 1958. Beware...

Dorty said...

P.S. Guess who got "The Tale of Despereaux" in the mail yesterday?

jessica said...

whattt??! don't tease me with your perks. us regular people have to wait until christmas to see the magical tale.

p.s. i just may say yes.

Rod said...

Jessica, can you please get me a top hat?
No stores sell them
Thank you and marry channukkah

Dorty said...

Don't go watch "The Tale of Despereaux" I saw it yesterday afternoon and it kind of sucks. :-/ If you need an animation fix go with Bolt or Wall-e.

P.S. Sweet!

jessica said...

sure rod, the next time i'm there i will pick you up a big ridiculous top hat. you have to be sure to return it within 2 weeks, dry cleaned though. NO EXCEPTIONS!

and john, lame. what a disappointment, well, i'll always have wall-e.