Saturday, December 27, 2008

bittersweet distractors

Last night a group of us had a pot luck dinner, Christmas left overs & new recipes.  Jess made her apple cider & we drank wine & mused over how dysfunctional all families are.





After consuming enough wine to bare the cold, we ventured out to the Prospector to assume our roles as the live entertainment for the evening.  Homeboy needs to add some Counting Crows to the collection, I would definitely kill it singing a little "Mr. Jones" or "'Round Here."  After  the Prospector I headed out to meet up with Tim, B, Phine & some others.  I'm so thankful to be constantly surrounded by awesome people.  I thought for a second that this week/end might be a little empty with a certain two people out of town but that hasn't been the case.  
Mel is leaving for NY today.  Betsy, Melanie, *John* and I should've been in NY for New Year's together!  Speaking of, I feel like I'm walking into this new year with a blind fold on, anything can happen, and I couldn't be more excited!   
As for where I will ring in the New Year, no idea yet, I hope it won't be complicated figuring out who/where to spend it, all I know is I have some options & a pretty sweet dress.

5 comments:

Dorty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorty said...

I would like you to edit "betsy, Melanie, and myself should've been in NY for New Year's..." to "Betsy, Melanie, myself, and John could've been in NY for New Year's..."

If you could make that edit before I leave Tuesday that would be lovely. Thanks.

P.S. Make sure your "sweet dress" isn't the misfortune color. :) Happy New Year!

jessica said...

haha thanks john!
Happy New Year to you too! (& no, the dress is most certainly not. New Year's will not be a sober night & I can't even imagine what kind of wardrobe trouble I'd wind up in wearing that evil color!)

(also, if you'll notice, the post has been updated)
: )

Dorty said...

YES!

2008 IN YOUR FACE = a great blog year, here's hoping for the same in 09

P.S. I feel you need some competition in 09. I may have to start my own blog. Would you subscribe? haha

jessica said...

Thank you, thank you. Yeah, I'd say it has been a pretty good blog year & I know that '09 is going to be EVEN better. If you start a blog I will welcome the competition & subscribe, for suuure.